https //ij.start.cannon – Canon Printer IJ Setup
Https //ij.start.cannon allows you to download the latest drivers and software for your Canon ij printer and helps in the setup process. Whether a new Canon printer or an older machine, each model’s software requires staying updated and set up correctly. Therefore, we’ve introduced easy instructions below to download, install and set up your Canon IJ printer model.
Initial Setup Of Canon Printer Machine
- Open the printer box, take out all components from the box and unwrap each cover, tape, and plastic.
- Read the given manual (if available) and plug the power cord to the power switch and your printer for easy turn on.
- Press the ON button, and select the preferred language in the display.
- Open ink tank outer cover and carefully install ink cartridge inside.
- Read the displayed instructions and choose a mode.
- Load some papers and see if the reading is zero.
- Initial Canon ij setup is completed.
Download the latest Drivers & Software
Updated drivers and software downloaded from https //ij.start.cannon don’t make your system encounter any issues. That’s why we recommend going through the valid source. Here’s how you can easily get the safe drivers and software for your Canon printer;
Step 1- First of all, choose and open a regular and safe browser on your PC/laptop.
Step 2- Secondly, visit https //ij.start.cannon website or canon support.
Step 3- Then, select the Setup option to reach next.
Step 4- It’ll instantly take you from https//ij.start.canon to the model selection page. Enter your printer model in the shown box and click Go.
Step 5- Click Download. Check your operating system in the corner. Otherwise, change it and then hit the Download tab.
Step 6- If the browser pops up Save or Save As option, select an option to save the file on the PC location.
Step 7- Wait for Canon printer drivers and software downloads. Then, follow on-screen guidelines to install it.
Complete installation instructions are given below in the “install, connect, setup” section.
Canon Printer Network Connection Setup – Wireless connection
Leave the software you downloaded from https //ij.start.cannon and proceed with network setup. Depending on your Canon printer model type and network device, you can choose different and suitable network connection setup methods. The Wi-Fi button is available on the latest Canon models; hence you can follow the below-mentioned instructions-
(Keep your Canon printer turned on during each method mentioned here.)
Method 1 – Setup Using WPS Push Button
It’s the easiest way if you have a wireless router available;
- Press Stop and press the Wi-Fi button.
- Wait for the power light to blink.
- Find the WPS button on the nearby wireless router.
- Push the WPS button until you get any indication of the network connection.
Method 2 – Standard Wireless Setup
- Open the menu in the printer.
- Select WLAN setup and press Stop.
- Select standard setup.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi name and enter the password.
Method 3- Using WPS PIN Code
- Open Setup and select Wi-Fi setup.
- Open Other Setup and select WPS (PIN CODE).
- Enter the PIN and connect to the network.
Install, Connect to PC and Set Up Canon IJ Printer
Here are complete instructions to set up a Canon inkjet printer.
- Go to https //ij.start.cannon and download compatible drivers setup.
- Open the downloaded file location and double-click on it.
- Click Setup and accept the license agreement.
- Continue with shown instructions and choose a connection type.
- If you choose wireless, connect the printer and PC wirelessly by selecting the same network and entering the password.
- If you choose a USB connection, then plug the USB cable into the canon printer’s rear and PC’s USB port to connect both devices.
- With the successful connection of the Canon printer and PC, your installation screen will show a list of drivers and software that you downloaded from https //ij.start.cannon site. Select or deselect the drivers accordingly and click Install.
- Wait for all Canon printer drivers to install on your PC.
- Click Exit to finish the Canon printer setup.
With this, you’ve successfully set up your Canon inkjet printer, and now you can start the print, scan or copy function on your printer model. If the older drivers are creating issues in your Canon printer, you should remove all canon drivers and revisit https://ij.start.cannon or canon.com/ijsetup to install the latest ones.