Canon IJ Setup – Install & Setup Canon Inkjet Printers
The new Canon printer requires to be set up correctly. It takes a few steps for Canon IJ Setup while placing it at your home, office, or other suitable location. Canon Drivers download, software installation, network connectivity, and device connection complete the Canon IJ printer setup. Below guidelines shows you the detailed setup process.
Get Start with Canon Printer Hardware Setup
If your printer model is recently purchased, then hardware setup is essential. For older canon printers, you can reinstall the printer hardware. See instructions for new printer machine;
- First and foremost, remove the packaging and unpack each component.
- Take out all unnecessary plastic and tape, then set your Canon printer in a clean, smooth place.
- The shipped power cord is meant to connect with the power switch and printer.
- Open the ink cartridge box and install starter ink tanks inside the printer.
- Now, turn on the canon printer and follow some initial instructions in the Canon printer display.
- The hardware Canon ij setup is completed here.
- The next step is a network connection on your Canon ij printer.
Connect Your Canon IJ Printer to Wireless Network
A network connection keeps your printer online and in touch with the other devices. Some users also use the USB connection to connect with a PC; however, it’s a distance restricted method. But with the wireless connection, you can print from anywhere within an extensive Wi-Fi range.
Method 1- WPS Push Button
- This method requires a wireless router with a WPS button.
- To start Canon ij setup for network connection, you’ve to turn on the printer.
- Press the Wi-Fi button or wireless icon. You’ll see the Wi-Fi is flashing.
- Find the WPS button on your router and press it down for a few seconds.
- Connection signal should indicate on your printer display.
Method 2 – WPS PIN Code
- Open the home screen of your printer by turning it on.
- Select Setup and choose the Wi-Fi setup option.
- Use the left/right button to select Other Setup.
- Here, select WPS (PIN CODE) option.
- Read the manual of the router to enter the PIN.
- Wait for your Canon ij printer to connect with the wireless connection.
- See the Connected status to confirm the Canon ij network setup.
Finishing the network connection on the Canon printer now requires the Canon printer drivers downloads and installation. See below for how to complete it.
Download and Install Canon Printer Drivers & Software
Drivers and software are the base of printing a document in a Canon printer. All commands we gave from our computer are linked to the canon printer through these drivers; hence you’ve to get the correct drivers for your particular canon printer model.
- Firstly, make sure your PC is already connected to the same network as your Canon printer.
- Then, open a web browser and enter Canon.com/ijsetup in the address bar.
- Navigate to the canon ij setup site and click on the Set Up tab.
- The other page opens; either enter the Model name in the box or choose the model from the below list.
- According to your model type, you’ll either see Start button or the Download button. Click Download to start the drivers download.
- Open the downloaded drivers setup on your PC and run the file.
- Double-click on the .exe or .dmg file to start the installation.
- Click on “Setup” and then click Next.
- Choose the connection type for your Canon printer and go next.
- Select all the drivers and software from the shown list to install on the PC.
- Choose your Canon printer model from displayed nearby devices. It’ll add your printer model to the PC.
- Follow on-screen instructions to finish canon ij setup.
Load Papers and Start Printing
With the completed Canon ij setup for your current model, you can now perform print, scan or copy functions.
- Align a set of valid blank papers.
- Open the front cover and pull the paper support tray.
- Put print side facing down the paper in front tray.
- Open the output paper tray gently.
- Go to the document you want to print on your PC.
- Click on the Print tab. You can customize the setting.
- Get happy printing results.
Your canon ij printer has been set up entirely with the above instructions. If you experience any issues, try resetting your printer by pressing the Stop button for 17 times flash. You can contact Canon printer support for unresolved issues.