Install and Setup Canon IJ Scan Utility
Canon printers are multifunction machine’s offers print, scan, and copy in one model. To enable each function, drivers play an important role, and so the Ij Scan Utility is essential when your Canon machine is performing the scan function. Scan Utility is software that helps you scan documents, photos, and other files within a minute. Once you install the Canon scan utility on your PC or laptop, multiple options let you function differently on your printer/scanner.
Before installation, check whether the scan utility is already available on your PC or not. IJ scanning utility automatically gets installed if you install MP drivers on your PC. Hence, check your PC once for the Canon scan utility.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Select All Apps and look for Canon Utilities.
- If available, you’ll quickly see Scan Utility.
- You can also check it on C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.EXE.
If you don’t see the utility pack, go through the download and installation process given below.
How to download IJ Scan Utility for Canon?
Downloading the scan utility for a Canon printer or scanner is easy. However, a good internet speed on your PC is required for a hassle-free download. Here’s how to start;
Step 1. Go to the Canon manufacture site.
Step 2. Enter your Canon printer/scanner model name and search for it.
Step 3. Open your Canon model to reach a different support page.
Step 4. Navigate to the Drivers & Downloads section.
Step 5. If you see MP Drivers, then click to download. Otherwise, choose the given drivers and click on Select PC/laptop.
Step 6. Click on the Download tab.
Step 7. Canon Scan Utility has been downloaded successfully. Thereafter, double-click on the utility setup and follow on-screen instructions.
How to install and run IJ Scan Utility?
Installing the ij scanning utility with MP drivers and other drivers is similar. Instructions for macOS and Windows PC may vary; see how –
- Download the Canon Scan utility from the Canon support site. (see above download instructions)
- With the Canon scan utility download, the installation starts automatically by double-clicking on it.
- You’ve to wait for a little for the complete IJ setup scan utility installation.
- To run the scan utility on Windows PC, open the start menu, then follow the next steps.
- Select All apps and open Canon Utilities.
- Look for IJ Scanning Utility and click to run the program on your Windows PC.
Canon offers one another software, Scan Utility Lite to easily scan using AirPrint. Installing the lite version and the original one is similar.
- Go to canon support and search the scanner model.
- Open the scanner/printer and go to Drivers & Downloads.
- Choose the compatible version to download the scan utility software.
- Go to the location where the file is saved.
- Double-click on the scan utility file, mount on the disk image, and double-click on it.
- Open the folder and double-click on the packaged file to start the installation.
- Use Finder to open the Applications folder.
- Click on the Canon Utilities folder and then the IJ Scan Utility folder.
- Double click on the scan utility or lite to run on your macOS.
How to scan in Canon using IJ Scan Utility?
Installing the IJ Canon Scan utility software successfully opens the door to the auto-scanning feature. If your PC is running the software already, you’ve to go through a few steps to scan your documents.
- The very first step is to open your Scanner/printer.
- Also, make sure your computer is already opened.
- Put the originals on the scanning surface platen glass you wish to scan. Also, ensure the original paper/doc/photo is put facing down on the scan side.
- Launch the IJ Canon Scan Utility program on your computer by double-clicking on the shown icon.
- A screen will appear. Select appropriate options.
- Clicking on the Auto tab will start scanning the original in the Canon machine.
- The other options like photos and documents are specified for different originals.
- The default scan image save location is Settings… > Settings (Auto Scan).
IJ Canon Scan utility is a time-saver application. If you don’t want to install it, you can only proceed to the manual scan method from the printer/scanner, though it could be a long process. For any query or doubt, contact canon technical support.