Canon IJ Network Tool – Install & Run Network Tool – Modify Network Settings
Canon IJ network tool enables you to see the network status and modify the network settings. The network tool automatically installs when you set up your Canon printer machine. If the network tool isn’t working with your Canon printer, then you’ve to install this tool correctly. Complete installation instructions for the Canon network tool are shown below.
Guide to Install and Set up IJ Network Tool
Network tool is an auto-installed utility in Canon printers. But if it’s not installed yet, go through the following steps;
Download Canon Network Tool
Network tool for Canon IJ printer is available on Canon manufacture site. Here’s how to download this tool utility on your PC.
- Open the Canon support site in your web browser.
- A search box appears. Enter your Canon printer model name.
- Select your printer model from the displayed list and click Go or press Enter.
- Another page appears. Click on the Drivers & Downloads option.
- Navigate to the Software tab and click next.
- See listing for the Canon Network tool.
- Click on the Download tab available in front or below the network tool software version.
- Wait for the Network file setup file to download on the selected PC location.
- Open the file and double click and follow the instructions to install.
Install and Run Network Tool
Installation and running of the IJ canon network tool take a few different steps on Windows and macOS PC or laptops.
Windows PC –
- Open the Downloads location and double click on the network tool icon or ijnetworktool.exe setup.
- Follow instructions to install the setup.
- To run the Canon network tool, double-click on its shortcut icon on the desktop. Click start on your Windows pc and open the all programs list.
- Then, click on Canon IJ Network Utilities and select Network Tool.
- Open the IJ Canon Network tool.
You can find the tool in the following location when a shortcut doesn’t appear. C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Canon IJ Network Tool\CNMNPUT.EXE.
- Double click on the file you downloaded from the Canon Support site.
- Mount the network tool on the disk image.
- Open the folder and double-click on the file network setting to start the installation.
- Now, open Finder and click Go.
- Select the Applications tab to open the apps list.
- Double-click on the Canon Utilities.
- Click on the IJ Network Tool tab.
- Double-click on the icon of the Network Tool.
Reconfigure the Printer’s Network Settings
If you are changing your router or network settings using a network tool, you’ve to follow a few steps.
- Open the network IJ tool and select the currently used printer in Printers.
- Click Configuration.
- Next, click on the Wireless LAN and check the settings or change it.
- You’ll see a screen where you can configure network type, connection, SSID, and others.
- Click Search and select the router.
- Select Encryption Method and Configuration.
- Open TCP/IP Setting and set the IP address.
To set up the network tool, verify the network, start the network tool, click Setup, and click OK. Next, select the canon printer model, click OK, and the access points appear. After this, type the network password and click Connect. Finally, click OK on the setup completion window. You can also add another Canon printer model from the given list.
Frequently Asked Questions – Canon Network Tool
Q. What is the Canon Network Tool?
It’s a utility to modify your Canon printer settings.
Q. How to download IJ Canon Network Tool?
Visit the Canon support site and enter your canon printer model. Then, click Software and select the Network Tool option to download it.
Q. How do I use the Canon Network IJ Tool?
Open the tool, select Use the printer on the network, click OK and connect your printer and PC via USB.
Q. Can I reinstall network tool of Canon IJ?
Yes. Like other programs, you can do it by opening Apps & Features, selecting Network Tool, and clicking Uninstall. Then, go to canon support to re-download the network tool.
Q. How to restore network settings using Canon network tool?
• Start the Canon IJ network tool and choose the Canon model.
• Open settings and click on Maintenance > Setting Initialization > Initialize > OK.
• Double-click on the network tool icon to restore network settings.